Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Tryst



I
Dared to dream :
The world below, Self above,
I
Stood at the edge :
Free fall craving, To let go unable,
I
Stumbled and grumbled :
The void overpowering, The deadly mist surrounding,
I
Heard a cacophony of voices : 
Drowning out the urges, Breaking through the trance,
I
Felt the adrenaline gushing :
Drenched in sweat, The heart pounding,
I
Walked away :
The cliff receding, The valley approaching,
Watched in awe :
Shaking in mirth, The soul burst free... 


7 Musings:

Aditya Nandode said...

There is little life on top of a mountain, but it overlooks the regions were real beauty is.

Aditya Nandode said...

*where

Apoyando said...

sigh..The state of mind before and after taking "the big leap" :)
The trasnsition of fear changing into hilarity.. awesome description !!

Rek Sesh said...

Yes, Adit : the valley below is worth a 1000 views but being at the top also makes you realise your insignificance amid the magnificence. ;)

Rek Sesh said...

Thanks Apo: for the follow. And you perceived, to the dot, what I wanted to convey ;D The vertigo is deadly and so is the sudden impulse to let go.... see you around... ;)

TS Hendrik said...

That's really a great piece. Pulled me right into the feeling.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

welcome and enjoyed your lovely imaginations.
way to go.

A++